Saturday, January 14, 2012

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Holy guacamole! Can you believe I have been out here for 2 weeks already! It is crazy to think about! So my first week at the firm went great! Everyone is so nice, and I have stayed exceptionally busy! I'm getting phone calls, and rep's coming in to see me! Im a big girl now! It is just so much fun! I hope this continues after my internship. I would just be tickled pink to have a job right after graduation. I really do not want to be that group of graduates that cannot find anything. 


I was thinking about it the other day. I think if I was offered a job I would definitely stay. At least to get my 2 years experience under my belt. I really miss home. What I would do to be on a boat in my bikini with a Corona in my hand, catching some rays. However the city is starting to break me I think. I actually ran to my train to catch it. Normally I would just wait for another one... yea, that wore off quickly.


Well the good news is, I can finally make it home. Just took a week. I've done exceptionally well I believe with the transit getting to work, coming home not so much, but I think I've figured it out. But the other day going to work, I ended up in the wrong place -- 2 times. 


I decided I could take the train to work. I take it home, why cant I figure out how to get to work. Well for starters I got on the train going the wrong direction. Before I knew it I was headed to the Mission which is the exact opposite direction of my work. So I get off the train and head in the right direction. Normally when I come home I only have a few stops till I get off at Montgomery. When I leave work the first stop after where I am picked up is the Embarcadero stop, then Montgomery. Little did I know the train I was on didn't stop at where I am picked up at when I leave work. So after the Embarcadero stop, we go straight to Oakland West. Which is across the bay. Which is the exact opposite direction of my work -- again. I was a half hour late to work that day, but Stephanie understood. Sucks being new to the city. But at the same time I had a good reason for my tardiness. If you don't make mistakes you will never learn. Right?


I've still been being kind of lazy and not doing much. I forgot what it is like to work a 9-5. I love it! just gotta get back into the swing of things. I stayed up last last night, because it was my friday, and went to In-N-Out burger again. Goodness how delish that place is. 


Today, I was just going to sit around all day. But then I realized I am living in an amazing city and I need to go embrace it! So I went out for a little while and figured I would get some pictures I have been meaning to get. 

I walked back up Lombard because the other night I realized when you walk to the top, and you look down Hyde Street -- You see something pretty amazing. 

I continued to walk around the wharf. I wanted to get some pictures of the Sea Lions. The last picture's I got just don't do it for me. There was less people at the pier so I stayed a little longer then I did the last time. 

Alcatraz. Look how peaceful she looks, sitting there untouched

I continued to walk around the wharf. I wanted to get some pictures of the Sea Lions. The last picture's I got just don't do it for me. There was less people at the pier so I stayed a little longer then I did the last time. 



 

I continued to walk around the wharf. I wanted to get some pictures of the Sea Lions. The last picture's I got just didn't do it for me. They have been crazy the past day. I heard them at the house the other morning while I was getting ready to go to work at 7:45 barking. Then I heard them at like 3 am barking again! They are like 8 blocks away! It is so crazy to hear seals barking at your house.

After watching the seals for a while, I went and walked around at a few of the shops and then got some ice cream. I am down to $20 bucks, and I buy ice cream. haha. Love it. I found a store full of taffy... I'm definitely going to go back and get a bag full. =]



Well tomorrow I think I am going to pack some snacks and walk to the bridge. Let's see if it actually happens. Mapquest say's it is about a hour and a half walk from my house. So we'll see how long that takes, but for now I think it's time to catch some z's.



-- Love you and miss you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment