Saturday, February 11, 2012

Don't gain the world and lose your soul.

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality, Wake Up and Live!  -Bob Marley 

What a week this has been! A week full of lots of hard work. But no matter how tired and exhausted I am. No matter how badly I rather stay in bed, I get up everyday and go to work. It is a funny thought really. We all want our dream job. A reason to not hate having to go to work everyday. I finally got there. But every morning I still think about calling in late, just so I can get in those extra few Z's. I could never really. But the thought will always be there. 

So this week at work, we are getting our second round of material boards out for the residential manor in China. Just a small 100,000 Sq. Ft. home. Nothing too elaborate. Except you're probably better off calling it a palace. Naturally I would love to go into tons of details, however due to contract I am not allowed to disclose any information about the project. 

Our office moves on the 15th of February to a temporary space, before we can move again in March. We were supposed to move 2 weeks ago, and it has been an absolute nightmare. So before we move Wednesday we need to finish these material boards so things don't get lost in the move. 50 material boards need to be set up and mounted by Wednesday. One material board for each room of the house. The team and I started on these bad boys Monday, and as of yesterday we had 11 completed. 4 days and we only got 11 completed. It's amazing how wrapping materials and mounting some images on foam core can take so long. I was off today, and the team will be going in on Saturday to finish up. It will be interesting to find out how many they got done in my two day absence. 

Stone selections to choose from for this particular project.

Table after table of material boards being laid out. 
(Thats also a little table to the left... Completely covered in upholstery samples.)

Material boards being directly worked on. Ironing, wrapping, hot glueing... oh my!

I would love to work more, and go in and help. But I pushed my limits on my hours this week working 4 days in a row. However, since we are moving on Wednesday, Stephanie told me not to even bother coming in since everyone will just be standing around, watching the movers anyways. It really worked out really. Ashely will be flying in Wednesday, so I will have the day to get ready for her arrival, and then Stephanie told me not to worry about coming in on Thursday as well because it will most likely be the same thing. That means I have Wednesday through Tuesday to spend with my cousin. Not only did I gain those extra days, but Monday is Presidents day and we have that off as well. I am so excited. We have so much planned!!! I can't wait to write all about everything we do. 

So after such a busy week I thought I would go out last night. There was an event going on at the California Academy of Sciences. They have a new exhibit called Animal Attraction. So every Thursday I guess the Academy has night life where they have exhibits and drinks and what nots. So I decided I wanted to go and I was really looking forward to it. But by the time I got home from work I was so exhausted and I had no clean laundry. So by the time I got a chance to get down there it was late. After an hour bus drive (and of coarse I had no idea where I was going) it was 9:30 by the time I got there and they shut down at 10. I was sad I really wanted to go, but I guess the positive upside is that I know how to get to Golden Gate Park now! 

As for today, it was a lazy/productive day. I woke up with the post office ringing the doorbell.


My parents sent me a package, so my weekend is clearly planned out now. Which after the rain we got all day, I didn't mind having this option. Too bad I didn't get more then 2 pages into it today. I spent a majority of the time on the phone with my mom which was nice. We have an odd relationship sometimes. We just like our solitude I suppose. But we talked about lots of random little things today. Even up to how if I get married she will be there every step of the way. Which every girl likes to hear. Other than a little grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and laundry, today didn't have much substance. But we all need a little time just for us squeezed somewhere in our busy schedules.

Oh before I go. I set up a The Way I See It page on Facebook. So go to it and like it! This way you will be updated in your news feed when I have a new post. I have been trying to set up a like button on my page, but it has been giving me problems all night, so I gave up for now! But thank you everyone for the support and reading my blog. I hope I haven't been boring you too much with my boring life out here in San Fran. But it really motivates me to go out and see the city knowing that my loved ones are at home wanting to know what I am up to. So I hope everyone is doing wonderful. I miss everyone so much. I cant wait to see you all in a few months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment