Tuesday, January 10, 2012

87.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.


Yesterday was my first official day of my internship. I got to the office and no one was there. I went to my desk where I had a nice long list of things I needed to do. So I went in the kitchen, grabbed a cup of coffee, and got to work. It is really refreshing to go into a job and know exactly what to do. I mean the worst thing that I have had to ask, is where something goes and what they want me to do next. It really helps cut down on your first week jitters. So after my day, I went to Trader Joe's, picked up a bottle of wine and drank the entire thing to congratulate my self on getting this far. My mom suggested I do it... and we all know moms know best. Nothing could have made me happier then my bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, chocolate stars, and talking to my best friends till I fell asleep. 

Today I woke up with a smile on my face. I got up immediately and did some laundry. Took a while because we don't have a dryer here, so I have to wait for my clothes to dry on the line. While waiting I hung out and caught up on some episodes of Californication.

The other day I went to try to see if anyone was hiring but it was Sunday so I decided it wasn't the best day. But I did stop into one restaurant and they told me to come back between 3-4 on a week day. So today I decided to go back. Well apparently they ARE hiring because they posted an ad on craigslist so when I got there the place was full of people applying. But I filled out and application and talked with the manager for a few minutes. She said she would be reviewing applications tonight, and making calls tomorrow. Lets cross our fingers I get it. I'm just nervous because I am only here for 4 months. I was honest so I hope that doesn't deterrent her from choosing me.

Well after my 5 minute interview. I walked home where I decided I wanted to go for a walk. I was going to walk up to Coit tower, but I decided to walk up Lombard Street the opposite direction to see the crookedest street.




It really is a beautiful street. The entire thing snakes down, and is all brick. I live a block down from it, so it didn't take me long to get there. The first hill is pretty steep, and the sidewalk up the crooked part is all steps! But boy oh boy what a view. No matter how steep the hills are here, you never regret climbing them. 


After my photoshoot of the road, I decided my exploring wasn't over with. I was now going to walk down the hill and see where Lombard went to in the other direction. The grade of these hill's were nuts thats all I have to say. But the view walking down it was mesmerizing. It just pulls you closer to it, like you're walking into a picture.


I walked down to Van Ness then I decided to turn around. I didn't know what was this way, and I didn't have my map so to be on the safe side I went back. The hill going up was just as bad as I thought it would be if not worse. But I love it, each step makes me feel better about my self. Since I have been here I feel guilty if I do not go and walk around. It is so strange. I think it is because I know these next 4 months are going to go  by so fast, theres no point in laying around doing nothing. I have San Francisco at my fingertips and I need to learn and conquer her. I thought jogging up the hill would make it easier, and it really didn't. I either need to start off slow, or jump in head first. I'm starting to think starting slow is better. The walking is good enough for me right now... I mean it is only my second week here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment