Monday, March 4, 2013

Do it for the story.


This has been a little motto of mine for as long as I can remember. But just recently I have been living it up a little more and more each day. It has been 27 years that I have been on this earth, and they go by faster than I would like. If there was one thing I could have it would be to live my life to the fullest.

I don't need to be famous, or but superly, overly, constipated rich, I just want stories. Stories are what last the longest than everything thing else on this earth. Passed down generation by generation. And ya know what, even if my stories only make it one generation, at least I will have fun telling my kids or my friends kids all the crazy shit we used to do. How we got away with it, and how we are still fucking alive.

Life is too short to hide under a rock. Too many people get so stuck in their comfort zone they never leave the country, if even their state... let alone the city they were born and raised in. It boggles me.

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."
-St. Augustine

But I'm not even just talking about traveling I am talking about getting out of your shell. For example Saturday night I had went to the Waterin' Trough for a friends birthday. Not a place I normally hang out. But it was all good but I was trying to behave because Sunday is my only day off and I had so much stuff I had to in preparation for my tea party this upcoming Saturday. So I leave at a decent hour, and while driving home I received a call from my friend about a party he was at and that I should come out.

So here is the dilemma. If you know me... You know I love to party. If you know me... When I say I'm going out for 2 drinks, and I am going to be really good tonight... I most likely end up partying for 4 days straight. 

So I weigh my options... Go home vs. Party. 

Then I remember that my birthday is right around the corner. I am turning 27, I have no kids, and realistically I need to continue to have fun for as long as I can because I don't know the day that it all will change. And lets not forget... Do it for the story.

So I go to the party where I anticipated to only know one person, and I ended up knowing about half the party. People from elementary, middle and high school that I can honestly say I haven't seen since we were in school together. That means the most recent people I still have not seen since 2004. 

I didn't get home till about 6, and was woken up by one of my really good girlfriends around 10:30 whom she was just getting home from the night prior. Same thing -- She is 30 something years old, had a wild night doing stuff that a normal person maybe ashamed of. But we laughed and exchanged stories that most people would probably curl up in the shower, and cry over due to how humiliated or used they felt after the fact. 

No regrets baby. None-what-so-fucking-ever. 

We told our stories with big ass smiles on our faces and laughed till our little girlish cheeks hurt. 

Who really wants to sit in the safety of their house every night watching reruns? Not this girl.

--DO IT FOR THE STORY--

xx. V

No comments:

Post a Comment