Thursday, January 5, 2012

Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.



The past few days have been pretty chill. I have been trying to catch up on my blog mostly, catching up on some shut eye, and learning the area. I am doing quite well. I am comfortable with the speed that I am learning the area. 


Monday I moved into my new place for the next few months. I kinda reclused to my room on the first day. After staying up till 6 am on Sunday I was exhausted. I passed out around 12:30 - 1 pm and slept for a good 3 hours or so. After I woke up I just hung out in my room for a bit then I went to get some In-N-Out burger. OHHHH MAN. All I have to say is I am really unsure what I am going to do when I have to move back to Florida. We are missing out on some serious shit. Not only does our culture lack, but I'm starting to think our taste in food does as well. Now don't get me wrong, and don't start throwing words in my mouth, we have great food. Many of you know, but if you don't, I grew up with a chef as a father. He is the most talented man I have ever known. As a child I was quite picky about my food choices, like many children. However, through the years and me traveling on my own I have come to learn to love many new things. Sometimes I may not want to try something, but I do. More times out of none I enjoy the new food I have tasted. But you know what... in the 5 days that I have been a resident of San Francisco, every place I have been too has had great food. Whats the difference you ask? These are mom and pop restaurants, not chains! I honestly could say the only food place I have seen here that we have at home is McDonald's and Burger King. And ya know what! I think I have seen one Burger King and maybe two McDonalds. Thats amazing! I haven't seen a Chili's, an Applebee's, an Outback Steakhouse, none of that crap. Its all corporations with the same food, and its not even good. America thinks its good because we are so uneducated when it comes to real food and real culture. 


Anyways.... After my delicious burger from In-N-Out I came back to the house and chilled out for the rest of the night. I woke up the next day rather late probably around 12:30 - 1 pm. Took a shower got dressed and got out of the house for a few hours. I had to go by the bank to get Joy the rent. After I went to what should have been called the Bank of China, not the Bank of America, I walked to Trader Joe's to get some food to eat for the house. Once again... a whole new freaking world. I didn't get much to eat because I kinda got over whelmed. I didn't know what I wanted to eat for starters, which always makes grocery shopping difficult, but I didn't know where anything was in this store. Everything in Trader Joe's is pretty much organic... everything. The soap, the shampoo, your toothpaste, deodorant. I'm in love quite honestly. I prefer it that way. You pick up a box, or a bottle of something and there is no work that looks like "pshcylaajklanwleaweoiuyvqinrpiqu no. 5" It is so refreshing. However you have to be kinda careful you don't pick up the wrong thing if you are not used to shopping in store like this. Like cream on top milk. I had to do some research on that. haha. 


After I got over whelmed with Trader Joe's I came home and hung out with the house to my self for a while. Joe and Dan came home a few hours later, and we all really kind of talked. Which we really haven't yet. I was just getting situated and I was exhausted the day before. So we talked about what we did that day. Joy had went to Berkley to see her younger sister, and brought some Chinese food home, and she shared some with Dan and I. 


I found out that Dan has a degree in physics. He got some conductor thing in the mail and was trying to explain what it did to me and Joy and he was just getting so excited over it, and we had no idea what he was talking about. But he was talking about how he wants to go get his Masters and he was having a friend come over to do computer stuff. His friend is younger then him and is a recent graduate and Dan is trying to talk him into going into a path of their field that he thinks he would be good at. We also talked about the competitiveness of schools and about how sometimes you have to take these classes that you will never need in your field, we think it is to keep your field almost prestigious and to weed out the people who are not super serious about it in the first place.


Today I woke up late again maybe about noon. Skyped with Amber for a bit, and talked to my Aunt Jane on the phone for a while. It's nice to know that so many people are excited for me to be out here living my dream. It's also a shame that some of my family doesn't even know I am out here. With the way social networking has given us such a large access to everyone's lives you would think people would know what you are doing, especially family. But no. It's cool though. I've just been talking about moving to San Fran for like a month now.


Tomorrow I have to go to HBA for orientation, so today I decided to try to take the bus and stuff and make my way do into that area. I did pretty good at first. I got on the 30 bus and made my way down to Market Street with no problem. But finding the next stop and the next method of transportation was interesting. I was looking for a rail, which could have been a train or a trolly. I assumed it was a trolly and the N never came. So I got on the F which I knew it was going to take me in the right direction but I had a feeling it was going to turn the wrong way... and it did exactly what I thought it was going to do. So I got off and I walked to the office, which wouldn't have taken as long if I would had just put the navigation on my phone in the first place. So a 35-40 minute ride took me an hour and a half to get there. 




Getting home of coarse I thought I could do it, but I got lost again. I found the N rail which I got on with no problem and then I got off where I should have gotten on in the first place. But then all the roads here are one ways so where I got off to go to the firm isn't the road I get onto take the bus home. Why does everything have to be so confusing!!! I'm sure I'll have it down before the weeks over. This is crazy, I've never seen so many people get on a bus before. I am totally not used to all of this. 


Well i just spent the majority of my night talking to Geremy on the phone. For those of you who don't know, she got an internship in Chicago and has been there for about a week now. We are pretty desperate for friends. San Fran and Chicago are pretty different tho. Everyone is so friendly here, amongst most large cities where people just go about their normal day. Like today for example, I'm lost, I am dressed in sweats, jeans, my sneaks are untied of coarse, no make up my hair up. I'm biting my nails, trying to read a map, reading my phone trying to figure out what bus to get on and this guy like comes from like the back side of me and bends down a little bit becuase I was looking at my phone and goes "You are the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen. I just wanted to throw that out there." and walks away. I was like umm haha. Thanks! And I walked away with a smile. 


I told Geremy not to worry, we will find a friend before we know it. We're good people, fun to be around. We will sucker someone in sooner or later. haha. Regardless of the little time of loneliness we have to endure, I'm sure we will eventually find some life time friends. 



You'd always said one day you'd be leavin'
Never thought one day would ever be here
No one said it would be easy
I put a smile on just to cover my tears

Cause no one will love you like I love you
But I never told you these feelings before
So I lay my head low, my head's turned cold
I wave goodbye at your fading tail lights

No comments:

Post a Comment